National Library Legislative Day is May 7-8 2018.
Michigan’s delegation is over 20 participants!
However, the more voices we have, the LOUDER we can be!
Why should you consider joining us?
- Because IMLS (and therefore LSTA) are still in jeopardy! (In Michigan IMLS/LSTA funding pays for MeL, as a start)
- Because Net Neutrality & Rural Internet Access are STILL important!
- Because our Legislators may not know how current issues can affect Michigan Libraries.
- Because our communities depend on us.
- Because every child deserves a local library.
- Because Libraries NEED ADVOCATES!!
- Because NO ONE CAN TELL YOUR MICHIGAN LIBRARY STORY LIKE YOU CAN!
- Because it doesn’t have to cost as much as you think!
- Because there are more Becauses!!!
Would you like to know more?
SEE http://www.ala.org/advocacy/advleg/nlld For information on what NLLD is and what you can expect.
CHECK OUT http://galesupport.com/legislativeday/ for information on how you can obtain a SCHOLARSHIP to help with expenses.
ASK: Contact me at email@example.com and I would love to tell you all about Michigan’s participation and plans for DC!
SIGN UP: Absolutely can’t come to DC? You can still tell your story! Join the “Virtual Legislative Day”
Clare D. Membiela, MLS, J.D.
Library Law Consultant
Library of Michigan